The summer of 2015 promises to be exciting as WKU Lifelong Learning staff prepare for several youth camps and unique adult programming.
- String Explosion! is celebrating its 10th year and offers a week of fun music making for new and continuing string students ages 4 and up.
- The WKU Department of Theatre and Dance is offering three new camps this year. Advanced Shakespeare Workshop is a two-week camp for middle and high school students ages 12 – 18 and combines hands-on training in both acting and technical theatre, culminating in an hour-long performance. The Musical Theatre Intensive gives participants 8 – 18 years old an opportunity to build a musical performance piece from the ground up. Students 8 – 11 years old can participate in “The Play’s The Thing,” a camp to explore the art and craft of acting for beginners and seasoned veterans. The half-day camp culminates in a final showcase performance of the play for family and friends.
- Lifelong Learning is proud to once again support the WKU Summer Forensics Institute, which brings students in from all over the country for a traditional one week intensive program and the new full session that runs an additional week.
Several WKU faculty and departments have partnered with WKU Lifelong Learning to offer enrichment programs this season, as well.
- The one-day Fly Fishing Workshop will be offered again this year with a chance to learn the basics of fly fishing followed by a trip to a local lake for hands-on practice.
- New this year, the Ceramics Workshop will give participants an opportunity to make, fire and clean their own creations over the course of three weekends.
- Motorcycle Safety Training is offered throughout the summer for new riders and those wanting a refresher course. Students learn in the classroom and practice what they have learned on a motorcycle course. Motorcycles are provided.
- Also new this year is a two-month program that trains participants in the basics of Taiji (Tai Chi). Classes will be held in a studio at Gordon Wilson Hall.
For more information about these and other programs offered by WKU Lifelong Learning, visit our website at: www.wku.edu/ll